28th July 2023
New residents and housing
Building works concerns
Working hours on building sites are generally Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, and Saturday from 8am to 1pm. On Sundays and Bank Holidays no building works are allowed. If you have a complaint about the building on one of the major development sites, call us on 0118 908 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rubbish and recycling information
- Find your bin collection day
- Find your garden waste collection day
- The My Journey website is your one stop destination for sustainable travel information, including cycle routes, walking maps, and public transport timetables
- Visit our transport section for more details about local travel
Find your nearest doctors surgery
To find your nearest doctors surgery, type your location into the NHS choices website.
New residents meetings and social groups
When there are about 100 new homes being lived in, we host a ‘new neighbours’ meeting to welcome new residents to Wokingham. We use this meeting to introduce ourselves, our partners and the services that we provide. We work with partners in this effort, usually the developers, Churches Together and housing associations. We encourage the residents to build relationships, establish a Facebook group, and then start a Residents Association. Some of the events we’ve held in the past include pub quiz nights and community lunches.
Email CEM@wokingham.gov.uk to find out about the community building work we are doing in your area.
Read the Mulberry Grove, Wokingham Facebook page.
The North Wokingham area will see just under 2,100 new homes in total. Currently 2,021 new homes have full or reserved matters planning permission and 1,145 homes were occupied at December 2020.
- Matthewsgreen Farm - 760 new homes. To date, reserved matters approval has been granted for 745 dwellings. Phases 1a, 2a and 2b are now complete. Phases 3 and 4 are currently under construction. 321 complete
- Bell Farm - 127 new homes. All complete
- East Kentwood - 284 new homes. All complete
- West Kentwood - 225 new homes. 85 homes have already been completed
- Keephatch Beech - 300 new homes. 149 homes have already been completed
- Land at Plough Farm - 150 new homes. All complete
- Land at Buttercup Close - 30 new homes. All complete
- Land adjacent to 65 Plough Lane - 2 new homes. All complete
- Ashridge Farm - 153 new homes. Application submitted in June 2020 and currently under review.