Last updated:

14th September 2023

Emotional Wellbeing Hub

Support and advice for young people, families, and professionals

What is the Emotional Wellbeing Hub?

The Emotional Wellbeing Hub provides free support and advice. We provide a central point of contact for young people, families, and professionals to access mental health services.

This service is for people who have concerns about the emotional or mental health of a child or young person aged between 0 and 19 years. The service is also available if you're a young person needing support.

How the hub can help

Through the Emotional Wellbeing Hub we can:

  • Offer you advice and guidance.
  • Discuss your concerns / needs with us.
  • Provide onward referral/advice for local support services including Primary Mental Health Team 4 Youth (PMHT4Y), ARC Youth Counselling and Tellmi app - free online peer support.                  

Please note, we can only refer on to PMHT4Y as other services have their own referral routes.

Make a referral

The emotional wellbeing hub is aimed at children and young people with mild to moderate emotional wellbeing needs up to their 19th birthday.

If you are a young person seeking help, or referring a child or young person, complete the referral form:

To complete this form you will need to use Adobe Acrobat. This can be downloaded to your device free of charge. Complete the form electronically, save it and then send via email.

Make sure you provide your contact details if you would like to discuss your options further, or need help completing the form. Alternatively, you can phone 0118 974 6000 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm).

Support for schools and professionals

We provide training and support for schools and professionals, to identify emotional wellbeing and mental health needs and prevent the support needs becoming more severe.

We also run a regular Emotional Wellbeing Forum for professionals, to help identify the best way to meet the needs of children and young people and their families. 

The Forum is a regular meeting where a range of professionals can talk about the needs of children.

Urgent help

We are unable to accept urgent or emergency referrals or queries.

Call 999 if you are concerned that there is a risk to the life of a child or young person. Otherwise, visit the CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) website.

If you are concerned about the safeguarding of a child or young person read our child protection and family support page.

Other mental health support services

Read our emotional and mental health support for young people page to find more support services.

Give website feedback