Last updated:

30th April 2024

Help from the Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) Team

The workers will need to find out more about your care and support needs. This is called a Self-Directed Assessment (SDA).

If you are assessed to be eligible for adult social care services, they will arrange for support or a personal budget to be allocated to you. You can use a personal budget to pay for some of your care and support needs.

They will work with you to draw up your support plan and review it yearly or as required to make sure it is working for you. They will make changes to the plan if they think it is needed.

How long PfA workers will work with you

If your support plan is meeting all your care and support needs, the PfA workers may see you less often. They will continue to review your care and support needs to be met.

You can still contact them if you have any problems or if you have any questions about your care and support.

More information

To find out more about how the team can support you, go to the Preparing for Adulthood Team page.

Get in touch with the Preparing for Adulthood Team by emailing

Give website feedback