Last updated:

25th July 2023

What are your rights?

The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website contains comprehensive descriptions of your rights: 

How can I request a copy of my personal information?

Individuals have a right to request and receive a copy of personal information that we hold about them. A representative, e.g. a parent, may have the authority to submit a request on behalf of another.

In some cases you may not be entitled to all your information as there may be exemptions in the law, but you will be informed if this is the case.  Send us a request for personal information.

What if the data you hold about me is incorrect? 

It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. 

If a specific service area holds the information you want to be corrected, you should contact them directly; or if are unsure send an email to who will be able to instruct the relevant area. 

If you want information to be deleted under the right to be forgotten you will need to contact the Data Protection Officer by sending an email to

How do I complain about how you process data?

Wokingham Borough Council strives to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. Complaints are taken very seriously and individuals are encouraged to bring and issues to our attention. To do this, either email or write to:

Andrew Moulton, Data Protection Officer
Wokingham Borough Council
Shute End Civic Offices
RG40 1BN

Telephone0118 974 6000

Additionally individuals have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The contact details are: 

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Telephone0303 123 1113
Visit the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website

Give website feedback