Help with learning

Support for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in nursery, school or college

School children sitting in a circle listening to the teacher

Support available in schools

Frequently asked questions about SEN

Deferrals, transitions, supporting a child at home

Support in school and college

Find a school, applications, options after year 11

Support in school for medical conditions

Extra help for pupils with medical needs

Support for pre school children

Ordinarily Available Provision and Local Offers

Ordinarily Available Provision

Guidance for the support a child or young person can expect to receive if they need more help to reach their full potential through a considered graduated response

Useful information

School and college transport

Walking, cycling, and bus services for SEND pupils

I think my child might have SEND

Resources to support children with SEND

Education, Health and Care Plans

Education, Health, and Care needs assessment

What is an EHCP and how to apply for an assessment

If you're unhappy with a decision

Resolution, mediation, and appeals processes

Personal Budgets for children and young people with SEND

Funding to help a child achieve their outcomes

Contact our services

Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Service

Undertakes EHC assessments and annual reviews


SEND Information, Advice, and Support Service

Further information

SEND documents library

Policies, referral forms and guidance documents

SEND Local Offer directory

Directory of support services for young people

Give website feedback