5th July 2023
Licensing of activities involving animals
From 1 October 2018, the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) Regulations 2018 came into force controlling various businesses that involve animals.
If you do not currently hold a licence but carry out one or more of the following activities, you will need to apply for a licence:
- Selling animals as pets and breeding dogs
- Providing boarding for cats and dogs in kennels
- Providing home boarding or day care for dogs
- Hiring out horses (i.e. riding establishments)
- Keeping or training animals for exhibition
We advise that you read the guidance documents and the specific documents relevant to your activities, below.
You must complete the Part 1 form application for animal activity licence (PDF document) and the relevant part 2 form (a,b,c,d,e) for the type of activity you wish to carry out. Completed application forms must be supplied with the appropriate fee to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council
Shute End, Wokingham
Fees and charges
Go to the fees and charges page to find out the cost.