12th September 2023
Accessibility statement for Wokingham Borough Council
How accessible is our website?
This website is run by Wokingham Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels, and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300 percent without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- There’s a limit to how far you can magnify our maps
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to making its website accessible, in line with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
We regularly monitor the accessibility of this website using automated Quality Assurance software. We use this software to identify and fix any issues that arise.