8th December 2023
Progress map and further information
The site north of the railway line, Montague Park, is primarily complete. The neighbourhood centre is currently under construction and will include retail and commercial space as well as a community centre and 2 children's playgrounds, as well as 115 new homes.
The site south of the railway line is at an earlier stage. There are currently 3 planning applications being considered.
Progress map and planning applications
Sign up for our newsletter
Stay connected and use our online form to sign up for our newsletter. You will also see other listings that may be of interest to you.
Get involved and help us build real communities, not just buildings. We created community forums for each major development area as your way to find out what is happening and to get involved. We haven't been able to hold the forums for awhile, but you can sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with what is happening.
To find out more about the South Wokingham major development, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Wokingham Without Parish Council website as the majority of the development site falls within this parish
- Visit the Wokingham Town Parish Council website as the north of the railway part of the development falls within this parish
- Visit the Barratt Developments website to find out about the Montague park development
- Read the South Wokingham Strategic Development Location Masterplan (PDF document)
- Read the Infrastructure Delivery and Contributions SPD (PDF document)
- Read the Core Strategy – Local Plan document on the Local Plan and Planning Policies page
- Read the Managing Development Delivery Local Plan and Planning Policies page
- Read the notes from the South Wokingham community forum (PDF document)
Complaints and compliance
For any site issues please contact the developer or the Council's Compliance Officers at Construction.Problems@wokingham.gov.uk.