Find out what financial support is available for the cost of living crisis
Money to help with food, bills, energy costs and other essentials
The Household Support Fund is now open for applications to help with food, energy, bills and other essential costs.
If you've applied for or received support between October 2022 and March 2023, you will now be able to apply again during this new round (started April 2023).
Help with money and budgets
- Use the Citizens Advice calculator to see how to maximise your income
- Use the Entitled To budget tool to plan your spending
New cost of living payments if you get certain benefits or tax credits
The government have announced three Cost of Living Payments over the next year if you get certain benefits or tax credits. If you are entitled to the payment, you will receive:
- £301 paid between 25 April 2023 and 17 May 2023 for most people who receive benefits
- £301 paid between 2 and 9 May 2023 for most people who receive tax credits and no other low income benefits
- £300 paid during autumn 2023 for most people, £299 paid in spring 2024
- £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment for eligible disabled people to be paid during summer 2023
- £300 Pensioner Cost of Living Payment to be paid during winter 2023-24
The payments will be made separately from your benefit payments. To find out more about eligibility and the support available, you can visit the Government website.
Our Local Welfare Provision is a scheme run by us to help people who are in a crisis or emergency situation and where additional assistance would help prevent the crisis or emergency from escalating.