Last updated:

16th February 2024

Ask for family support

Find out about how to get advice and support for your family

Does your family need support? 

If your family are experiencing difficulties, or feel you might need some extra support we may be able to help you. A worker can talk to you to see what kind of help you and your family might need.

Sometimes someone who works with you and your family might think you need some extra help. This could be a GP, teacher or health visitor. If they do, they will talk to you first so you're aware of what's going on.

How to ask for support

You can call 0118 908 8002 or email to speak to someone. 

  • A worker will ask your family some questions to find out what sort of help and support you might need.
  • We will then agree together what needs to be done to ensure that the right sort of help is put in place for you and your family.

Domestic abuse - how to access support

Are you living in fear of someone you know? Is your partner, ex-partner or a family member hurting you or making you feel afraid? You are not alone. You can get help.

For information on organisations and services who can help you visit our:

Domestic abuse web section

Local and national support

Various local and national services and organisations are dedicated to providing assistance and support to families. Navigate through our community directory to discover the available resources that can contribute to your family's well-being, ensuring a happy and healthy life.

Support for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)

Who to talk to about social care help and support for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).

If your child has a disability go to our:

Assessments for children with a disability page

If your child needs extra support with their education, go to our: 

Help with learning section

Further information can be found on our 

Who to contact for advice and guidance web page

Report a concern about a child 

If you are worried about a child or young person you should tell us immediately. Children and their parents may need urgent help.

Who to contact

Call 999 in an emergency if you believe a child is in immediate danger

Give website feedback