11th September 2023
Starting and applying for secondary school - age 11
Applying for a Secondary School Place for September 2024
The application process will open on 12th September 2023.
Apply for a secondary school place on the Citizens Portal online school admissions website for the 2024-2025 school year. Applications must be submitted by 31st October 2023.
Read the Parents Guide to Secondary School Admissions 2024 to 2025 (PDF document) before making an application.
If you are unable to apply using the Citizens Portal, paper applications can be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper application forms must also be supplied by the 31 October 2023 deadline. Paper application forms and online applications are treated the same and are not treated on a “first come, first served” basis.
What schools can I apply to?
There are 10 state secondary schools in Wokingham and one all-through school. Find out more about individual schools below.
If you live in the Wokingham Borough, apply to us for a secondary school place, even if you want to apply for a school in another local authority area.
- Check your local council area on the Gov.uk website if you're not sure which local authority area you should apply to.
- Use our schools designated areas map to find out which designated or 'catchment' area you live in (or to find the designated area of a particular school). Search for an address or postcode using the text box or a location on the map using the 'set location' map pin.
Read the admissions policies, in the tab, below, for schools you're interested in. You can also find these on the individual school's website, in the 'secondary schools' tab, below.
Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Read our Local Offer page for information on support for children with special educational needs and disabilities.
Making an application
When you make an application to us you can list up to 4 schools, in order of preference.
- Every address in the borough has at least 1 designated area school - we recommend you include this as one of your choices
- You can view all the state schools in the Borough in our directory.
- You can choose any state school, even if it isn't in our borough.
- If you want to apply to a private school you will need to apply to the school directly.
Schools in other boroughs
If you've selected a school in another borough, you should check to make sure if there are any extra forms you need to complete. You can find our neighbouring boroughs' school admissions websites below:
Secondary school websites
- Bohunt School, Sheerlands Road, Arborfield, Wokingham, RG2 9GB. (A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16.)
- The Bulmershe School, Woodlands Avenue, Woodley, Reading, Berkshire, RG5 3EU. (A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.)
- The Emmbrook School, Emmbrook Road, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 1JP. (A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.)
- The Forest School, Robin Hood Lane, Winnersh, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 5NE. (A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.)
- The Holt School, Holt Lane, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 1EE. (A state school for girls aged from 11 to 18.)
- Maiden Erlegh School, Silverdale Road, Earley, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 7HS. (A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.)
- Oakbank School, Hyde End Lane, Ryeish Green, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 1ER. (A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16.)
- The Piggott School, Twyford Road, Wargrave, Berkshire, RG10 8DS (A state school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 18 - through a school based across 2 sites.)
- St Crispin's School, London Road, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 1SS. (A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18)
- Waingels College, Waingels Road, Woodley, Reading, Berkshire, RG5 4RF. (A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.)