Street and roadworks

Wokingham Borough Council is responsible for the coordination of all road and street works on the public highway to ensure that utility apparatus (such as gas mains and electricity cables) and roads can be maintained, installed or improved safely whilst minimising disruption to the travelling public.

To work or store material on the highway, a permit or license is required. Permits can be applied for by Department for Transport approved companies with access to the Street Manager system. Further details can be found on the Streetworks Permit Scheme page. For any other works promoter, visit the Licenses page. 

If a road closure or other temporary traffic restriction is required, visit the Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders page to read detailed information and apply.

To view current and future planned road and streetworks, as well sign up to our weekly Traffic and Travel newsletter, visit the Street and Roadworks Information page. 

  • Issues causing immediate danger, such as temporary traffic lights not working, should always be reported by phone to 0118 974 6000 (select option 2 for Highways service) Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
  • Call 0800 212 111 if it is outside of our office hours. 

Give website feedback