12th September 2023
Report problems with road markings
If you're reporting an urgent issue that requires immediate attention call:
- 0118 974 6000 and select the 'highways' option 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- 0800 212 111 out of Hours - Monday to Friday 5pm to 9am, weekend days and public holiday
An urgent issue is defined as something that is very likely to present an imminent threat to life, serious injury, or serious damage to property. We aim to respond to urgent issues within 2 hours.
Our responsibility for maintaining road markings includes:
- Renewing faded, worn or defective yellow/white lines on the carriageway.
- Repainting previous yellow/white lines, access protection markings or other lines/markings following resurfacing. This usually takes place up to 6-8 weeks following resurfacing, but can be dependent upon weather conditions.
To report problems with road markings you'll need:
- The location of the road sign or marking
- A brief description of the problem
Click the locations of road markings on the map - we aim to repair faults within 28 days. To report multiple faults you'll need to create a report for each one.
To track a report you have already made
On the road marking map, select 'track a fault' and enter your reference number.
Alternatively, make a general highways enquiry.