Last updated:

10th June 2024

Request dead animal removal

  • We will remove dead animals from the adopted highway or council-owned sites.
  • We do not remove dead animals from private land.
  • Any domestic animals reported will be checked for identification to help establish an owner.
  • Depending on the state and location of a dead animal, they are often left to allow nature to take its course.

Report a dead animal

Remove a dead animal from private land

  • If the animal is small, you can double bag it and put it into general waste.
  • If the animal is large, you can contact the National Fallen Stock Company (NFSCo) on 01335 320 014 and they will arrange a collection of the animal. This is a chargeable service.
  • If the animal is on a property owned by someone else, you may seek advice from who may require the property owner to arrange removal.

Give website feedback