19th July 2023
New residents and housing
Building works concerns
Working hours on building sites are generally Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, and Saturday from 8am to 1pm. On Sundays and Bank Holidays no building works are allowed. If you have a complaint about the building on one of the major development sites, call us on 0118 908 8100 or email email@example.com
- The My Journey website is your one stop destination for sustainable travel information, including cycle routes, walking maps, and public transport timetables
- Visit our transport section for more details about local travel
Find your nearest doctor's surgery
To find your nearest doctor's surgery, type your location into the NHS choices website.
New resident's meetings and social groups
When there are about 100 new homes being lived in, we host a ‘new neighbours’ meeting to welcome new residents to Wokingham. We use this meeting to introduce ourselves, our partners and the services that we provide. We work with partners in this effort, usually the developers, Churches Together and housing associations. We encourage the residents to build relationships, establish a Facebook group, and then start a Residents Association. Some of the events we’ve held in the past include pub quiz nights and community lunches.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about the community building work we are doing in your area.
Up to 3500 new homes
The Arborfield Garrison site will see up to 3,500 new homes in total, with about 2,000 on the northern part of the site and 1,500 on the southern. The northern part of the site is being developed by Crest Nicholson. The southern part of the site is being developed by Legal and General (L and G), following their acquisition of the site. Outline planning permission has been granted for the whole development.
Construction on the northern part of the site is well underway. Planning has been granted for over 1,000 units, to date, and many of the first phases being completed or near completion. The first homes have been completed and were occupied in October 2016.
- Parcel 01 - 113 new homes. All complete
- Parcel A - G - 223 new homes. 119 homes complete
- Parcel AA - 44 new homes
- Parcel C2 - 104 new apartments
- Parcels H, I, J - 185 new homes. 93 homes complete
- Parcel K - 12 new homes. All complete
- Parcel M - 37 new homes. 8 complete
- Parcel Q - 114 new apartments. 40 complete
- Parcel T - 127 new homes. All complete
- Parcel U2 - 79 new homes. 30 complete
- Parcel U1 and V2 - 110 new homes
- Parcel X - 70 new homes
- For the southern part of the site the first phase has recently begun
- Phase 1 - 178 new homes. 16 complete