1st December 2023
Wokingham Recovery College - mental health support
Who we are
Wokingham Recovery College offers free mental health and wellbeing courses, workshops, and support groups.
Whether you have never accessed support for your wellbeing or you have tried services before, we hope that you can find something that empowers you to find new ways of responding to difficult experiences. Wokingham Recovery College is a safe space where you can be yourself, free from judgement.
What we do
We deliver co-produced courses designed to teach skills for self-management of emotional well-being alongside peer support groups. We aim to provide the knowledge and skills for improving understanding of mental health.
Our courses cover a range of well-being related topics. Each course involves taught theory, peer discussion, and activities. A group agreement is in place for all sessions to ensure that everyone feels safe and comfortable.
Course topics include:
- Managing Anxiety
- Managing Low Mood
- Coping with Stress
- Being Kind to Ourselves
- Understanding Emotions
- Improving Self-Esteem and more.
We offer a range of peer support groups to facilitate making connections and sharing ideas for improving wellbeing. Peer support groups can reduce loneliness, increase confidence and help you recognise your strengths.
Our peer support groups include:
- Recovering Together
- Hearing Voices Group
- Bring Your Own Craft.
Who can take part
Anyone over 18 years old living or working in the Wokingham Borough can access our courses.
We offer online and face to face activities. Find out more:
- For upcoming activities, read our Wokingham Recovery College timetable (PDF document).
- To find out more about our workshops and groups, read our prospectus (PDF document).
- To find out more about the College, read our frequently asked questions (PDF document).
How to enroll
To enroll in the Wokingham Recovery College:
- Complete our online registration form.
- Alternatively, you can download and fill in a registration form (Word document) or registration form (PDF document).
- Email your completed registration form to: email@example.com
Or, you can post your registration form to:
Wokingham Recovery College,
20 Denmark Street,