11th July 2023
Parenting and families
Pregnancy, birth and parenthood
The NHS Start4Life website has lots of information for parents. You can also sign up to receive weekly emails on a range of parenting topics relating to pregnancy, birth and parenthood.
Parents living in Wokingham can access free breastfeeding support, offering 1 to 1 help from a trained supporter. The support is mostly phone or text based, but in certain circumstances a home visit could be arranged. Face-to-face support is offered via our various drop-ins around the area, where you can arrange to meet your supporter. For further information visit the Breastfeeding Network website.
Babies to teens
- Visit our children’s centres page to find support and activities for young children.
- Find out about the health services at our children centres
- Visit the Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust website for advice and tips for looking after babies, children and young people from 0 to 19.
- Read the blog on the Berkshire NHS Healthcare Children, Young People and Families service blog.
- Visit the Child Accident Prevention Trust website for free child safety advice.
Common childhood illnesses
- Visit the NHS UK website for a guide to common childhood illnesses, and advice on whether or not to keep your child off school, nursery or playgroup when they're unwell.
Confidential advice for parents
- Visit the Family Lives website (formerly known as Parentline) for confidential online and telephone support for parents.
Find health services
Visit our community directory to find local and national health and wellbeing services: