14th June 2023
Chronic health conditions
These are activities for adults who have a long term health condition and may need extra support and guidance in using exercise equipment.
Below are some of the conditions we can help with:
- Recovering from a stroke
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Physical disabilities
How to join
You will need to request a referral from your GP to use our Health and Wellbeing Centres. There is a cost to the scheme.
To take part you need to:
- Be over 16 years old.
- Live in the Wokingham Borough.
- Have been diagnosed with one or more health conditions.
Once we receive your referral:
- We'll contact you to discuss your condition, and book a consultation to find out which activities are best for you.
- You'll then meet with one of our health and wellbeing instructors for your induction.
Classes and gym
When you've had your induction you'll have an allotted time slot to attend one of our Health and Wellbeing Centres.
Any enquiries about this scheme please contact our team:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0118 974 3728 and ask to speak to our long term health conditions co-ordinator.