14th June 2023
We run a referral based programme called Cardiac Rehab Phase 4.
The scheme, which has a cost:
- Helps rehabilitate patients who currently have or have had recent heart procedures or events.
- Is often a follow-on from Phase 3 participation. Phase 3 is run by nursing teams after discharge from hospital.
- Combines a mixture of cardiovascular and strength exercises to help in your rehabilitation and progress for exercise continuation.
How to join
To be eligible you must:
- Be a minimum age of 18 years.
- Be a resident of Wokingham Borough.
- Have had a cardiac event in the last year.
- Have had a heart procedure in the last year.
- Have had or currently have heart disease diagnosed within the last year.
You can be referred either:
- Through the completion of phase 3 of the cardiac rehabilitation programme.
- Through a direct referral from your GP or health professional - speak to your GP if you think you might be eligible.