Last updated:

8th August 2023

Complain about a councillor

Make a complaint about a borough councillor

What can be complained about

Types of complaint include:

  • Bullying
  • Disclosing confidential information
  • Accepting inappropriate gifts and hospitality - or failing to declare gifts and hospitality
  • Bringing the office of councillor into disrepute 
  • Misuse of Council facilities
  • Failure to declare a personal or prejudicial interest

How to complain

Before making a complaint read:

You can complain by:

Your complaint should explain why you believe the subject has not followed the code. If possible please provide supporting evidence.

Complain about a councillor 

Give website feedback