26th July 2023
About us - our vision, priorities and values
Wokingham is an attractive market town in Berkshire with excellent road and rail links, good schools and low levels of crime. The town is attractive to families and residents who enjoy a high quality of life.
We have recently had a major reorganisation to ensure we provide the best possible services to the people of Wokingham. We are a lean organisation. We have low funding and the smallest number of staff per resident of any unitary authority. We are efficient and effective and achieve a lot thanks to our hard working staff and councillors.
We are determined to continue saving and finding ways to provide better service and value to our communities and residents.
Our vision for Wokingham Borough 2020 to 2024 is to be 'a great place to live, learn, work and grow and a great place to do business.'
Our Community Vision for Wokingham Borough sets out what we will focus on over the next 4 years to improve outcomes for you; our residents. We will strive to work together with you and our partners to address and improve what really matters, to ensure that Wokingham Borough is a great place to live, learn, work, grow and a great place to do business.
Further details of our Community Vision for Wokingham Borough can be found on our Community Vision page.
The 6 strategic priorities of our Community Vision are:
- Enriching lives
- Safe, strong communities
- A clean and green borough
- Right homes, right places
- Keeping the borough moving
- Changing the way we work for you
Our values help shape and guide our behaviour. By demonstrating these values, it will help us move forwards together to achieve our future ambitions for Wokingham Borough.
Our values are:
- Customer focussed: Put ourselves in our customers shoes and listen, to deliver services we would like to receive.
- One team: Work jointly with our residents, colleagues, councillors and partners, across any boundaries, to ensure efficient, effective delivery on behalf of our communities.
- Taking ownership: Taking responsibility for issues and addressing them with actions we see through to resolution. Be accountable for our service delivery in the context of our community well-being and Council objectives.
- Being ambitious: Aiming for excellence in the outcomes we pursue and the way we do things. Being forward- thinking, innovative, entrepreneurial and accepting risks where possible.