20th November 2023
Help with food
Crisis and low cost food options in Wokingham Borough
Each dot on the map has more details about the service on offer. The map shows:
- Blue dots are open to anyone in the community
- Green dots require a referral, more information on how to get a referral below
SHARE Wokingham offers fresh produce, like bread and vegetables, for those who need it. These are surplus stock from local supermarkets.
More than 2,000 people use it each week and it has saved more than 1,000 tonnes in food waste since it was launched a few years ago.
Open to all, no referral needed.
Royal British Legion, Eversley Road, RG2 9PR Thursdays 3.30pm to 4.30pm on the following dates:
- 2, 16 and 30 November
- 14 and 21 December
- 4 and 18 January
- 1, 15 and 29 February
- 14 and 28 March
St Andrews Church, Priestwood Court Road (RG42 1TU)
- Fridays, 1pm to 2.30pm
Great Hollands, The Zone, Great Hollands Square, Bracknell (RG12 8UX)
- Saturday 10am to 11.30am
FBC Centre, Gorse Ride North, Finchampstead (RG40 4ES)
- Tuesday, opens at 10am aim to arrive before 10am for the best choice of food
St Sebastians Church, Nine Mile Ride
- Day to be confirmed
The Community Flat, 36 Frensham Green, RG2 8EH
- Wednesday, 2pm to 3pm
Shinfield Community Church, 1 Fairmead Road, Shinfield (RG2 9DL)
- Monday, 12.30pm to 1.30pm, free cafe until 2pm
All Soul’s Church, All Souls’ Rd, Ascot (SL5 9EA)
- Friday, tea and coffee from 12.15pm, foodbank open 1pm to 2pm
Hope Church, The Hope Centre, High Street (SL5 0NG), next to Nag’s Head Pub
- Tuesday, 12noon to 1pm, tea/coffee from 11:15am
Rainbow Centre, Rainbow Park (RG41 5SG)
- Wednesday, 1pm to 2pm, park in Centre Car Park
Norreys Church, Norreys Avenue (RG40 1UU)
- Friday, 12.30pm to 2.30pm
The Well at King’s Church, 9 Station Road (RG40 2AD)
- Wednesday, 11am to 3pm
Emmanuel Church Centre, Southlake Crescen (RG5 3QW)
- Monday, 3.30pm to 4.30pm
These provide emergency food and support to people locally. You'll usually need a referral.
- Wokingham Foodbank– providing support to people across Wokingham borough and beyond
- Woodley Foodbank– open to all in and around Woodley daily
- Crowthorne Foodbank– open to all in and around Crowthorne, including Wokingham Without and Finchampstead
- Nomad Foodbank, Henley - open to residents in Remenham, Wargrave and Crazies Hill
Lunch clubs are run in different parts of the area at certain times:
- Woodley Lunch Bunch– school holidays support for low income families
- Wokingham Grub Club- school holidays support for low income families
- Link Visiting Scheme Community Kitchen– monthly meal for service users
Apps for end of day food
- Try the OLIO app, which connects neighbours with each other and with local businesses so surplus food can be shared, not thrown away
- Try the Too Good to Go app, Surprise Bags of food from local restaurants, grocery stores, cafés, and shops. Stops it going to waste if it hasn't been sold
Accessing lots of these services needs a referral.
You can get a referral from our teams who you may work with already such as housing teams, social workers, children’s services or benefits.
You can also get referrals from your child’s school and local charities or voluntary groups you already work with.