Last updated:

1st August 2023

Pest control

Wokingham Council does not itself provide a pest treatment service, so you are advised to consult the British Pest Control Association (BCPA) website for advice and details of local contractors that will undertake pest treatment services. 

If you believe a rodent infestation is coming from a neighbouring property and discussions with the neighbour have not worked, you can report it to we can require householders to control waste materials and undergrowth to reduce rodent activity. You can report even if the other property is unoccupied, but you must have some evidence that the infestation is caused by the other property.

Please try not to contact Environmental Health for general advice about pest control - the British Pest Control Association (BCPA) website is a better place to get advice.

If you are a tenant, you have a duty to take good care of your home, keep it in a good state of repair, and keep it clean, sanitary, and in habitable condition. As a tenant, if you have a pest problem, discuss it with your landlord who may be willing to help, especially if you have recently moved in.

Follow the BCPA advice but if structural work is required to the property you must discuss it with the landlord first, either to get permission to do the work or for the landlord to arrange it for you.

More information for tenants on our tenants pages.

Give website feedback