Last updated:

4th December 2023

Charitable collections

Licence for house-to-house charitable collections

To collect for charity door-to-door you must complete our house-to-house collections application form (PDF document), to obtain a permit. Charities given an exception by the Home Office do not require a house-to-house collection permit. 

All collections must be carried out in accordance with the House-to-House Collections Regulations 1947.

Application for licence for street collections

Please complete the application form for street collections permit (PDF document), and email it to

Fees and charges

Go to the fees and payments page to see details of how much it will cost.


House-to-house collection (England and Wales)

House-to-house collections act, 1939

House-to-house collections regulations, 1947

Give website feedback