15th November 2023
Starting junior school - age 7
Applying for a junior school - September 2024
Residents of Wokingham Borough must apply for a Junior school place on the Citizen’s Portal online for the 2024 – 2025 school year.
Applications must be submitted by 15th January 2024.
If you are unable to apply using the Citizens Portal, paper applications can be requested by contacting email@example.com.
Paper application forms must also be supplied by the 15 January 2024 deadline.
Paper application forms and online applications are treated the same and are not treated on a “first come, first served” basis.
What schools can I apply to?
When you make an application to us you can list up to 4 schools, in order of preference. You can list both junior and primary schools as your preferences
- Every infant school has a junior school which it's linked to. This school is given the highest priority and we recommend you include this as one of your choices.
- It's important to remember that if your child attends an infant school, there is no automatic transfer to the linked junior school - you still need to apply.:
- You can use our schools designated areas map to find out which designated or 'catchment' area you live in.
- You can see a list of state schools in the parents' guide to starting infant, primary and junior school (PDF document).
- You can list any junior state school as one of your preferences, even if it isn't in our borough.
- If you want to apply for a primary school you will need to create a citizens portal account by following the link below: Citizens Portal
- If you want to apply to a private school you will need to apply to the school directly.
You can find out how each school is performing on our schools performance page.
Schools in other boroughs
If you've selected a school in another borough, you should check to make sure if there are any extra forms you need to complete. You can find our neighbouring boroughs below: