12th July 2023
Planning new school places
Primary school places
The Wokingham Borough Council Primary School Places Strategy 2018 to 2028 was adopted by the Council’s Executive on 28 June 2018.
Secondary school places
The Wokingham Borough Secondary Schools Strategy 2017 to 2020 was adopted by the Council’s Executive on 27 July 2017.
A new school in Wokingham Town has been proposed. Read the documents below to find out more:
- Proposer application form for new primary school on Matthews Green Development, Wokingham (PDF document)
- School specification document for new primary school on Matthews Green Development, Wokingham (PDF document)
- School provider scoring matrix (Excel document)
- School provider scoring matrix page 1 (PDF document)
- School provider scoring matrix page 2 (PDF document)
- School provider scoring matrix page 3 (PDF document)
Arborfield Primary School
The documents below explain the identified options for the management of the new Arborfield Primary School:
- Letter to Interested Parties (PDF document)
- The Arborfield Primary School Options December 2019 (PDF document)
Farley Hill Primary School proposals
We are proposing to make a number of changes to Farley Hill Primary School starting in September 2021. From this date it is proposed that the school is relocated to the new Arborfield Green Primary School premises. At that point the size of the school will be unchanged, but the school will be able to open a nursery class.
More primary school places from 2024
The school can then expand from 2024 (year by year to 420 statutory primary school places) and from 2026 (year by year to 630 primary school places).
The current site will be retained (initially, at least) to facilitate the growth to 630 places (although this growth could also be achieved through an extension to the building that will be ready for occupation before September 2021).
These dates will be kept under review and may be changed to reflect the availability of places in existing schools and the number of children resident in Arborfield Green and associated communities.
Full details of the statutory proposals are set out in the statutory consultation documents, below. The deadline for responses was 13 March 2020.
Read the proposal documents
- Statutory Proposal to Expand Farley Hill Primary School from 1 September 2021 (PDF document)
- Appendix A - The Farley Hill Primary School Proposal - background information (PDF document)
The Farley Hill School expansion and transfer to the Arborfield Primary School site has been agreed.
The Council’s Director of Children’s Services, Carol Cammiss, agreed to the expansion and relocation of the Farley Hill Primary School (as set out in the documents, below) on 6 May 2020.
- Farley Hill and Arborfield School expansion report (PDF document)
- Appendix A - Responses to the statutory Farley Hill School consultation (PDF document)
- Appendix B - The Keys Academy Trust's response to Farley Hill School consultation (PDF document)
- Appendix C - The Keys Academy Trust's response to Arborfield Primary School options (PDF document)
- Appendix D - Response from Farley Hill Primary School (PDF document)