Do not visit the recycling centre if you have Covid-19 symptoms.
Book before you visit
You will need to book before you visit our recycling centres at Longshot Lane, Bracknell, or Smallmead, Reading. You won't be allowed to enter unless you have booked an online slot. If all slots are booked, more will be available from midnight for the next available day. You will be asked for your name upon arrival.We recommend that you bring a copy of your booking confirmation with you but you do not need to print the confirmation email to access the site.
We have upgraded the recycling centres booking system. You can now make a booking up to 1 hour in advance and can also cancel your slot up to 3 hours prior your appointment.
Due to high demand, please only make one booking a week.
Make sure your email address is typed correctly as this is how you will receive your booking confirmation. (If you can't see your email confirmation, check your junk folder.) You should also get a reminder 24 hours before your visit.
Before you arrive
Before you arrive for your visit to a recycling centre, make sure to do the following:
- Wash your hands before and after your visit (as there are no hand washing facilities at the centres)
- Arrive within chosen time-frame
- Bring proof of residency with you, such as a driving licence or a Council Tax bill
- While we recommend that you bring a copy of your booking confirmation with you, you do not need to print the confirmation email to access the site - we'll ask for your name when you arrive
- If using a commercial or commercial type vehicle, you will also need to apply for a commercial vehicle permit prior to your visit
- Double-bag contaminated waste
- Sort your waste before leaving home to make your trip more efficient
- Travel alone, if you are able to handle your waste yourself
Location and information
There are 2 rubbish tips near Wokingham Borough run by Re3:
- Longshot Lane, Bracknell, RG12 1RL
- Smallmead, Island Road, Reading, RG2 0RP
Changes from 1 February 2020
If you visit a re3 recycling centre will be required to show a document that identifies you as a resident of Bracknell Forest, Reading or Wokingham Borough.
Windscreen stickers will no longer be accepted as proof of residency.
You can use one of the following forms of identification
- Driving licence
- Current Council Tax bill
- Utility bill, bank or credit card statement (issued no more than 4 months prior to the date of visit)
- Bracknell Forest resident e+ card
- Photocard bus pass issued by a re3 council
- Valid blue badge or residents’ parking permit issued by a re3 council
Who can use the local recycling centres
Re3 recycling centres can be used by residents of Wokingham, Reading and Bracknell Forest Boroughs.
For normal residential cars:
- Bring proof of ID (Identification) that confirms your address when you visit a Re3 recycling centre. A driving licence photo-card or proof of address such as a Council Tax statement or utility bill will be accepted
For commercial and commercial type vehicles:
- You need a commercial permit for every visit to a Re3 recycling centre
- These permits are free and available via the ClickandTip website
- 1 April to 30 September - 8am to 7pm
- 1 October to 31 March - 8am to 6pm
- Sites close at 4pm on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve
- Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
What can be disposed of at local recycling centres
Household waste with no charge
- Car batteries, engine oil, household batteries and electrical items
- Energy saving light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste
- hard plastics - plant pots, buckets, toys, crates, bins, storage boxes, garden furniture and pipes
- Fridges, freezers and furniture
- Scrap metal, timber and glass
Non household waste that will carry a charge for disposal
- Soil and rubble
- Gas bottles
You can buy compost at Longshot Lane and Smallmead recycling centres. Read our composting page to find out more.
To find out more and to see details of charges read the re3 waste acceptance policy on the re3 website.
Other recycling options