Urgent obstruction of highway
If you're reporting an urgent issue that requires immediate attention call 0118 974 6000 and select the 'highways' option.
An urgent issue is defined as something that is very likely to present an imminent threat to life or serious injury or serious damage to property.
We aim to respond to urgent issues within 2 hours.
Overgrown council vegetation
Our contractors, Tivoli Group Ltd, maintain and cut vegetation on:
- Highway verges
- Parks and open spaces
- Children's play areas, youth shelters, skate parks and multi-use games areas
- Cemeteries at St. Sebastian’s (Finchampstead), Grovelands Road Cemetery (Spencers Wood), and St Mary’s Closed Cemetery (Shinfield)
- Sports pitches and tennis courts
- Some ponds, lakes and watercourses
- Grassland and wildflower areas
We carry out scheduled maintenance of council owned hedges and shrubs between September and March, outside of bird nesting season.
Vegetation overhanging from private land
Landowners are responsible for maintaining their vegetation and we can require the owner to cut back their encroaching vegetation. Should they fail to do this we may take the decision to undertake the work ourselves and recover the costs for doing so. Please note that we receive a high volume of reports for overhanging vegetation during the growing season and these will be prioritised by risk to highway and footway users.
Please provide the following information when reporting problems:
- Exact location details
- Additional information i.e., details of the issue
- Photo(s) showing the problem
If you'd like to tell us about an issue please click on one of the boxes below:
Report a grass, hedge or shrub problem
Report overgrown private vegetation
Alternatively, make a general highways enquiry.
We aim to investigate non-urgent issues within 28 days.