15th June 2023
Report flooding and problems with drainage
If you're reporting an urgent issue that requires immediate attention call:
- 0118 974 6000 and select the 'highways' option 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- 0800 212 111 out of Hours - Monday to Friday 5pm to 9am, weekend days and public holiday
An urgent issue is defined as something that is very likely to present an imminent threat to life, serious injury, or serious damage to property. We aim to respond to urgent issues within 2 hours.
You can report:
- Incidents of flooding
- Issues with drainage gulleys
To report problems you'll need:
- The location of the problem
- A brief description
We aim to repair faults within 28 days.
To report multiple faults you'll need to create a report for each one.
Problems with manhole covers
Go to the report issues with manhole covers page.
Most water leaks are dealt with by the water company. Find the supplier by searching on the Water.org.uk website.
Flooding and drainage advice
See the flooding and drainage advice page to find:
- Up to date flood warnings
- How to prepare for a flood advice
- Sandbag advice
- Permission to work near water
- Local flood risk management strategy
- Flood investigations
- Sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) strategy
- Useful websites