Following your request for a permit, the proof provided will be checked and once approved, an email offer will be sent to you to accept and make payment. Your start date and expiry will be based on your application however the permit will not be valid until payment has been received. You should not park in the allocated area until your permit has been paid.
Permits are non-transferable
Permit parking is only allowed within the designated resident or shared use bays. Please ensure you check the signage when parking your vehicle. You cannot park trailers or caravans, whether they are linked up to a vehicle using a permit, or standing alone. All motorcycles must have valid permit when parked in a parking zone within the specified hours of restriction. If you need to use a courtesy car or hire vehicle because your own is off the road temporarily, you will need to add this vehicle to your virtual permit and activate for use.
Renew your permit before it expires
It is the responsibility of the permit holder to ensure the renewal of their permit (if required) prior to its expiry. Renewal emails will be sent to remind you. The Council reserves the right to vary the conditions and fees charged.
Failure to comply with the conditions of use may result in the Council withdrawing your Parking Permit.
Permits must be valid at all times
The permit must be valid for the vehicle at all times when the vehicle is parked in a parking zone during the permitted hours to avoid the issue of a parking fine. We cannot allocate parking bays to individual permit holders and the granting of a permit does not guarantee that a space will be available.
Key Worker Permits
Permits are issued as 'virtual' permits. You will not receive a paper copy. When you apply for a Key Worker permit you are required to provide a copy of the V5C document (mandatory) for each vehicle, (Max of 2 vehicles) and a copy of one of the following to confirm your address and that you are eligible for the appropriate banding:
- Letter from Wokingham Borough Council Housing (Berry Brook Homes) confirming tenancy and appropriate banding fee for the applicant
- Tenancy agreement
- Only one vehicle per property will be valid to park in the following 5 car parks: Carnival Pool Multi Storey Car Park, Easthampstead Road East, Easthampstead Road West, Cockpit Path or Denmark Street car parks.
The permit holder will be responsible to ensure that only one vehicle is active on the permit at any one time.
The permit must be valid for the vehicle at all times when the vehicle is parked in any of the above car parks during the permitted hours to avoid the issue of a parking fine. We cannot allocate parking bays to individual permit holders and the granting of a permit does not guarantee that a space will be available.
Conditions of use of (On-Street) Parking Permit
Permits are issued as 'virtual' permits. You will not receive a paper copy. When you apply for a Residents permit you are required to provide a copy of the VQ5 document for the vehicle (mandatory) and a copy of one of the following to confirm your address and that you are a resident:
- Council Tax
- Utilities bill
- Tenancy agreement
- Bank statement
- Driving licence
- Company letter
So you must ensure that the vehicle parked in the residents parking area is active on your account by ticking the relevant box if you have more than one vehicle on your permit.
A permit will be issued according to the zone you live in. Not all properties are eligible for a permit. Please check your property's eligibility. The issue of a permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space.
Any permit allocation will be reduced if you have any off-street parking e.g. hard-standing, driveway or garage. If a property has been converted reducing the number of available parking spaces (e.g. using the garage for a study / playroom), then you will not be entitled to apply for a permit to replace the lost space.
Conditions of use for (Off-Street) and (Country Parks) Car Park Permits
Permits are issued as 'virtual' permits. You will not receive a paper copy. So you must ensure that the vehicle parked in the car park is active on your account by ticking the relevant box if you have more than one vehicle on your permit.
A permit will be issued according to the car park you have requested. Not all of car parks are eligible for a permit.
Please check the list of available car parks in the online application form. The issue of a permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space. All other car park terms and conditions still apply and are shown below:
Terms and conditions for school permit applications - parking sessions
- Only valid applications accompanied by the school application form and stamped approved by the respective school will be accepted
- You will need to apply for a school permit before you can use the parking booking system
- Only one drop off time and one pick up time may be used for each session booked
- Maximum number of vehicles is 3 per application one vehicle active at any one time
- You must ensure the vehicle used for booking a session is active on the permit
- Penalty notices issued for none active vehicles will not be waived and the Council reserves the right to cancel or withdraw a permit for non-compliance
- Vehicles are allowed to park in a booked parking session 5 minutes before the start of session and 15 minutes after the parking session ends
School permits have specific times they can be used and they are shown below:
- Easthampstead Road East and Denmark Street car parks (Wescott Infants School) - 8.30am to 9am and 2.45pm to 3.15pm
- Easthampstead Road East and Denmark Street car parks (Westende Junior School) - 8.25am to 8.55am and 3.10pm to 3.40pm
- Easthampstead Road East and Denmark Street car parks (St. Teresa’s Catholic Academy) - 7.50am to 8.55am and 3.05pm to 3.35pm
- Headley Road Woodley Car Park (Beechwood Primary School - 8.30am to 9am and 3.05pm to 3.35pm
- Also valid in Lytham Road East and West Woodley car parks
Amble Side Nursery School online bookings are also allowed to use Headley Road, Lytham Road East and West, however they are required to book sessions online for each session they use, for a maximum of 100 sessions per application, and the correct vehicle registration supplied at the time of booking a session.
A Penalty Charge Notice could be issued for contravening any of the following Terms and Conditions of use of a Parking Place:
- No vehicle shall enter or be left in that Parking Place if its gross weight is more than 3050Kg, or is longer than 5m in length
- Parked without clearly displaying a valid Pay and Display ticket, Virtual ticket, Season ticket or Virtual Season ticket or proof of cashless parking payment
- Parked in a disabled persons parking place without displaying a valid Disabled Person’s Badge
- Parked beyond the bay markings
- Parked in a restricted area of the car park indicated by signs or lines
- Parked in a permit bay without clearly displaying a valid permit
- Parked in an area not designated for that class of vehicle or authorised use only bay for Doctors, Motorcycle or Hackney Carriage
- Parked causing an obstruction
- Parked in an electric vehicle charging bay without charging
- Parked when the car park is closed
- Using a vehicle in a parking place in connection with the sale or offering or exposing for sale of goods when prohibited
- Parked in a parking place with the engine running where prohibited
- Parked beyond the maximum period allowed in a short stay car park
- Parked or re parked with payment made to extend the stay
- Parked after the expiry of paid for time
- No coach or lorry parking except where authorised
- When parked with a trailer both the vehicle and trailer should be parked within the bay markings and 2 Pay and Display tickets purchased and displayed in the vehicle
- When a vehicle has left a Parking Bay after waiting therein, it shall not return to that Parking Bay or to any other Parking Bay in the same Parking Place, unless a period exceeding 2 hours has elapsed since it left that Parking Bay
- If a vehicle is left in that Parking Place in a position other than in accordance with the provisions above, a person authorised by the Council in that behalf may alter or cause to be altered the position of the vehicle so that its position is in accordance with the above provisions
Number of permits allowed
Use the search, below, as a guide to number of residents parking permits available for different streets. Unfortunately some properties in these streets may not be eligible for permits or there may be restrictions on the number of permits that can be issued per property.
For more information about how the Council uses your data, see our privacy statement page.
For help call 0333 2341 777.
Please note that all appeals have to be made in writing and can't be dealt with over the phone or in person.