Accessing online reference material
We offer free online access for library members to the online resources below. If you are using a library computer you will have automatic access. If you access the site use your library card number to access the service.
- Freegal Music - Access 15 million songs from thousands of artists. You can download 3 songs per week, and listen to streamed content for up to 3 hours per day. Login to Freegal Music with your barcode and PIN, or download the Freegal Music app from the App Store or Google Play Store, then select your library and log in with your barcode and PIN. Please note: Some of the titles may contain content of a more adult nature. As with all library usage we recommend parents and carers give their child support in choosing appropriate items to match their needs
- Ancestry Online website - is a family history website with access to census records, births, marriages and deaths records, and much more. Available at Wokingham, Woodley and Lower Earley libraries. Access to this resource has been temporarily expanded to library cardholders working remotely, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry. To log in from home, visit the Spydus website
- Who Else Writes Like…? website – find a favourite author, and discover others who write in a similar style. Also search for reading suggestions by genre, by character, or by an author’s home country. This resource focusses on adult authors. Log in with your library card number, and select ‘Wokingham Libraries' (United Kingdom) from the drop-down menu
- Who Next? website – find a favourite author, and discover others who write in a similar style. Also search for reading suggestions by age range, by genre or theme, or by an author’s home country. This resource focusses on children's authors. Log in with your library card number, and select ‘Wokingham Libraries' (United Kingdom) from the drop-down menu
- Universal Skills website - gives information and advice on registering for Universal Credit, the necessary steps for job-seeking, and useful skills, such as preparing for interviews. Use your library card number to access from home or in the library
- Access to Research website - gives access to publicly-funded academic research, e-Journals, and conference papers. Available at Wokingham, Woodley, Lower Earley, Spencers Wood, Twyford, Wargrave and Finchampstead libraries. You must be at the library to use this website
Which? magazine is the online version of the consumer magazine, with up-to-date product tests and reviews. Our subscription also allows access to Which? Local and Which? Trusted Traders, giving over 125,000 reviews for a range of local businesses. There's also an archive of all Which? magazine reports since January 2005. You can access Which Online at any of our libraries. Ask a member of staff if you want to use it.
Expand the 'Useful websites' box, below, for a list of useful websites, covering law, health, finance and many other topics.