We want to make it as easy as possible for landlords to work with us. As a landlord, you can rent your properties through our private rented scheme. The scheme introduces individuals and families in need of housing to local landlords.
Why choose us?
The service is completely free. All we ask is that the property you are renting out meets the same basic safety standards as for any other letting (see property requirements below).
The scheme also offers the following incentives:
- Free tenant finder service - no commission to pay
- Guaranteed rent payments up to the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rate for the period of the tenancy (up to 2 years)
- Bonus one-off payment of £500 for each property let through the scheme
- Council will vet tenants to ensure they are suitable (including immigration status, housing history, benefit status) and arrange viewings of properties
- Free advice for tenancy management issues
- Option of choosing preferred tenants following viewings
- Personalised service to you which includes regular visits to your property
As a minimum standard your property should have:
- Gas Safe safety certificate
- Energy Performance Certificate
- One smoke alarm (hard wired) per storey
- Carbon monoxide detectors (10-year lithium battery or hard wired) by the kitchen, boiler, and other gas appliances (where separate)
- Floor covering such as carpets, laminate or vinyl flooring
- Adequate ventilation, heating and lighting throughout property
- Secure and well-maintained exterior
- Fridge/freezer, cooker and ideally a washing machine