31st July 2023
Public rights of way modification orders
How are modification orders made?
A modification order may be made by the council either on it's own initiative or following an application to the authority by any organisation or individual.
Modification orders are means to create a new right of way, to add an existing path to the definitive map, to alter the route of a path, to change the status or to extinguish a right of way.
It is our responsibility as the surveying authority to keep the definitive map up to date by making Modification Orders as and when necessary.
Current active modification orders
- Public Path Notice Order for Jubilee Avenue (PDF document)
- Public Path Creation Order for Jubilee Avenue (PDF document)
Definitive map and statement of public rights of way
The definitive map is the legal record of public rights of way. It is accompanied by the definitive statement which contains specific information about a route such as its position or width. The definitive map and statement are available for public inspection at our civic office at Shute End or at the Countryside office at Dinton Pastures Country Park.
Register of definitive map modification orders
The register is designed to increase knowledge among landowners, users of rights of way and the general public about applications which could result or have resulted in changes to to the definitive map and / or statement. The register will also avoid duplication where an application has already been made.
- Read our Register of Definitive Map Modification Orders applications updated 27 February 2023 (Excel document)
- Read our Register of Definitive Map Modification Orders applications updated 27 February 2023 (PDF document)
- Read our Information on other Modification Order applications received (PDF document)
Definitive Map Modification Order (DMMO) application forms
- Guidance note for applications for modifications to public rights of way (PDF document)
- Form A application for public rights of way modification order (PDF document)
- Form B notice of application for a modification to definitive map and statement (PDF document)
- Form C certificate of service of notice of application for modification order (PDF document)
- Form D application for permission to notify landowners by site notice (PDF document)
- Form E public right of way user evidence form (PDF document)
- Form F public rights of way documentary evidence checklist (PDF document)