[Skip to content]

Complain about a councillor

Complain about a councillor

What can be complained about

Types of complaint include

  • Bullying
  • Disclosing confidential information
  • Accepting inappropriate gifts and hospitality - or failing to declare gifts and hospitality
  • Bringing the office of councillor into disrepute 
  • Misuse of Council facilities
  • Failure to declare a personal or prejudicial interest

How to complain

Before making a complaint read

You can complain by

Your complaint should explain why you believe the subject has not followed the code. If possible please provide supporting evidence.

Complain online

Indicates mandatory fields

Complain about a councillor

Section 1 - your contact details

Preferred method of contact:
Please tick the box which best describes who you are:
Would you be happy for the Monitoring Officer to attempt to resolve your complaint informally, or do you want the matter dealt with through the formal complaints process? Please note that if your complaint is resolved informally there is no possibility of the matter being investigated.

Section 2 - your complaint


Details of complaint

Please set out why you believe the Councillor you are complaining about has breached the Code of Conduct.

Section 3 - confidential complaints

Only complete this part if you are requesting that your identity is kept confidential.

I confirm that if I have requested confidentiality, but if my request is not granted, I am happy for the complaint to proceed:
Please note that if you do not tick this box and confidentially is not granted, your complaint with not be proceeded with unless it is considered to be of a serious nature. 

Section 4 - declaration

I confirm that I would like the Monitoring Officer to consider the complaint I have described above with the evidence I have attached. I understand and accept that the details will normally be disclosed to the Councillor that I have complained of and any parties involved in the complaints procedure or outside authorities required to monitor the council’s complaints procedure by law. If your complaint relates to a parish or town council member then the Parish Clerk will be advised.

I confirm that Wokingham Borough Council may share this information where necessary with other organisations, including (but not limited to) where it is appropriate to protect public funds and/or prevent fraud in line with the National Fraud Initiative guidelines.


Equalities Monitoring Information (optional):

The completion of this part of the form is voluntary. We are committed to providing people with equal opportunities in the provision of services. We want to collect information about people so that we can tailor our services to meet your needs and also make sure that we are not doing anything that stops some people who fit into certain groups from having accessing our services.

We would be grateful if you would help us by completing the monitoring information on this form. Any personal information you give us is held securely and will be used only for council purposes. Information that was collected for one purpose may be used for another council purpose, unless there are legal restrictions preventing this.


Give website feedback

Back to top