Last updated:

29th March 2024

Help deciding where to live

Find advice about housing options for young people with SEND. Includes supported living, specialist housing and independent living.

Explore your options

Most young people want to be independent and live in their own home.

As you move into adulthood you will need to think about where you want to live.

You may want to stay living at home with your family or you may want to move out and live on your own, or with others. You must decide what is right for you.

There are options available including supported living, buying or renting your own flat.

Get help to decide

It is important to make sure the housing you are thinking about will meet your needs.

We will support you to make choices about where you will live.

Browse the SEND Local Offer directory for help and support

Search for housing options for people with learning difficulties

Search for specialist housing Search for housing

options for people with physical disabilities

The following services can help you explore your housing options.

Citizens Advice Wokingham provides advice on many things including housing and financial matters.

Berkshire Care Directory can help you choose the right care for you.

Transform Housing and Support provides housing support to people with learning disabilities and physical disabilities,

Give website feedback