Last updated:

7th December 2023

Attendance and home-based learning

If your child is refusing to attend school, talk to them about any worries they might be facing. You should also speak to their class teacher or the SENCO at your child’s school.

You can also contact the following services:

Wokingham Borough Council Education Welfare Officers

An Education Welfare Officer's aim is to ensure children and young people get the best possible education. They can help parents to build good relationships with their child's school and offer support through home visits.

Contact details:

Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)

SENDIASS provides free, confidential, impartial advice, guidance and support to parents and young people on education matters.

Contact details

Give website feedback