17th July 2023
What Adult Safeguarding means
Safeguarding is everyone’s business.
It means protecting an adults right to live in safety, free from abuse or neglect.
The aims of Adult Safeguarding are to:
- Stop abuse or neglect wherever possible.
- Prevent harm and reduce the risks of abuse or neglect in adults with care and support needs.
- Safeguard adults in a way that supports them in making choices and having control about how they want to live.
- Promote an approach that concentrates on improving life for the adult concerned.
- Raise public awareness so that communities as a whole, alongside professionals, play their part in preventing, identifying, and responding to abuse and neglect.