4th August 2023
Current tender opportunities
To take part in any of our procurement activities, you must register an account on our ProContract website which is hosted on our behalf by Due North Ltd. If you have a Due North account, you can use your existing login.
Registration only takes a few minutes and there is no charge for registering an account.
Premier Supplier Scheme
The Council offers a Premier Supplier Scheme (PSS) as part of its upgraded payment processes with a view to achieving greater efficiency in paying its suppliers, and as such improving its relationship with them. Suppliers wishing to participate will have the opportunity to receive an early payment against a discount/rebate of their choice, subject to the terms of the Supplier Participation Agreement, which will be set out in the tender documentation.
The Council’s standard payment terms is 30 days of receipt of a valid and undisputed invoice. Under the PSS suppliers can be paid at day 10 and have the discount/rebate deducted from the amount owed. Should the Council fail to pay at day 10, the discount offered will be reduced on a ‘sliding scale’ up until day 30.
For further details, visit our Premier Supplier Scheme page or refer to the relevant documentation in your tender pack.
Public Contracts Regulations
Public Contracts Regulations are the rules that govern all public sector contracts. The rules are intended to support non-discriminatory and fair trading. There are different requirements depending on the value, type and nature of the contract.
Financial thresholds apply to all contracts with an aggregated value at, or above, a specified amount.
For procurement below that value we apply the requirements of our Constitution in meeting the principles of Regulations.
Our Contracts Register can be found on the ProContract website - Wokingham Borough Council Contracts Register.
How we advertise tenders and contracts
Contract or tender opportunities are generally advertised through the relevant channel(s) according to the value and nature of each project. Possible channels may include the following:
- ProContract website - view tender opportunities on the ProContract website
- The Contract Finder website - select 'start now' on the first page
- Where Public Contracts Regulations thresholds apply, we will post a notice in Find a Tender (FTS) - accessible on the new UK e-notification service Find a Tender website
- Local newspapers or business journals, as appropriate
Any procurements which had commenced prior to the end of the Transition Period and where notices had already been published on the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) website will have the respective notices also published on the OJEU website including award notices, amendment notices and corrigenda.
Purchase order terms and conditions
- Read our Services Purchase Order terms and conditions (PDF document)
- Read our Goods Purchase Order terms and conditions (PDF document)
Temporary agency staff
We use the Matrix website portal for all temporary agency staffing needs.
If you provide temporary agency staff register your organisation's details below to gain access to opportunities from us
Procurement of Apprenticeship Training and Assessment Providers
Wokingham Borough Council is recruiting apprentices using the apprenticeship levy to pay for the off the job training. An apprenticeship is a genuine job with an accompanying skills development programme. We will choose providers for their proven quality of delivery and successful outcomes, flexibility of delivery to meet the business and apprentice needs, contribution to the development of the local economy and good value for money.
Training and Assessment Providers will be procured by us in a number of ways:
- Through the Crown Commercial Service Apprenticeship Training and Related Services framework agreement
- Through the Nottingham City Directory of Approved Apprenticeship Providers (DAAP)
- From the approved providers list on the National Apprenticeship Service 'Find Apprenticeship Training' website
- Recommendations and positive testimonies from other Local Authorities where appropriate
We recommend that providers, who would like to be considered for delivery of apprenticeship programmes, should sign up to the Crown Commercial Service Framework or the Nottingham City DAAP. They should also ensure that their offer shows on the National Apprenticeship Service 'Find Apprenticeship Training' website.