What is a copy certificates
A certified copy certificate is an exact copy of an original entry in a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership register.
If the event happened in the Wokingham district we can produce a copy certificate.
If the event happened in a district other than Wokingham you'll need to apply to the relevant Register Office or General Register Office for that area.
For an overseas registration you may be able to order a certified copy certificate online through the General Register Office. Visit the General Register Office website for more details.
- Full name(s) for certificate
- Maiden name if appropriate
- Date of event
- Place of marriage (name of church and parish) for a marriage certificate
- Parent's names for a full birth certificate
- Place of birth
- Deceased's date of birth for a death certificate
- Applicant's name, address and contact details and relationship to the person(s) on certificate
- Purpose for copy of certificate
- Number of certificates required
If register is still current (up to one month after the last entry in the register) cost for each certificate is £7.00.
If the register is closed and archived cost for each certificate is £10.00. Copy certificates will be produced within 5 working days.
Our express service costs £25. Copy certificate will be produced within 24 hours on a working day.
If you can't supply the relevant information we'll do a manual search for a cost of £18.00 plus a fee of £10.00 for the issue of the certificate.
Order a copy certificate
You can use our website form to order a copy certificate from us.