Sessions are currently not running. This page will be updated when sessions re-start again.
Our Dementia Friendly Activity programme is for people living with dementia and offers up a programme of leisure activities to stimulate and provide a variety of physical activity opportunities.
Our sessions are delivered by attentive instructors who engage and interact with participants and their carers.
How to join
You can self-refer to any of the activities and we encourage people living with dementia and their carers to share the experience.
Participants will need to complete a Dementia Friendly application form (PDF document). This will help our staff to support you during the sessions.
- Chair-based exercise classes
- Health walks
- Fall prevention classes
- Sporting memories trivia and memorabilia
- Monthly tea dance
Venues and classes
Classes take place at various locations across the Borough:
- Loddon Valley Leisure Centre in Lower Earley
- St Nicolas Church, Earley
- Westmead Day Centre, Wokingham
- Berkshire County Sports and Social Club, Sonning
- Dinton Pastures Country Park, Hurst
- Carnival Pool, Wokingham
How much it costs
£3 per session (Carers are free)
Sporting Memories £1.50 per participant (Carers are free)