Urgent faults that require attention within 2 hours
An example of an urgent fault would be If a streetlight, illuminated sign, or bollard is in a dangerous condition that it could potentially cause injury, these could be:
- A streetlighting column has been struck by a vehicle.
- A part has fallen off / hanging.
- There are exposed electrical cables.
To report an urgent issue that requires immediate attention please call:
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, call 0118 974 6000 and select the 'highways' option
- Monday to Friday out of hours 5pm to 9am, weekends and public holidays, call 0800 212 111.
We aim to respond to urgent faults within 2 hours. If urgent faults are raised online, they may not be seen until the next working day
Non urgent faults
Reporting of non-urgent faults, for example a streetlight, illuminated sign or bollard that is out of light, a shield request or any other non-urgent issue can be completed using the link below. To report the issue we will need:
- The location and number of the streetlight, illuminated sign, or bollard
- A brief description of the issue
Report a fault
We aim to respond to non-urgent faults within 28 days.
We will try to repair the light on the first visit, however, it may take longer if:
- There is a fault with the power supply,
- There are access problems.
To report multiple faults you'll need to create a report for each one.
To track an existing report
On the street lights and bollards map select track a fault and enter the reference number.
Alternatively, make a general highways enquiry.
Find out more about streetlights
See information about: