Planning approval for the Winnersh Relief Road Phase 2 was granted in October 2018. Full details are available on the Wokingham Borough Council Planning Portal. Ref:180760.
Public exhibitions that were held
We held the following public exhibitions to update the public on our proposal:
- Wednesday 13 September 2017 (9am to 6pm) at Allnatt Pavilion
- Saturday 16 September 2017 (1pm to 6pm) at the Winnersh Community Centre
- Monday 18 September 2017 (6pm to 9pm) at the Allnatt Pavilion
Phase 2 feedback
The original planning application for Phase 2 was submitted in Spring 2018 but has since been updated as a result of valued feedback from local residents and business. We welcomed further formal comments on these improvements which included:
- The proposed northern roundabout to be moved further away from properties 305-315 Reading Road
- Amendments to the proposed pedestrian crossing points
- Introducing a shared space outside 286-290 Reading Road
- A right turn lane into Sadlers Lane and junctions of Sandstone Close and Laburnum Road
- Alteration to the proposed positioning of pre signal and traffic island opposite Green Lane removing requirement for banned right turn
Residents were encouraged to view application documents and provide formal comments on the application by the 24 September. All further comments received prior to 24 September were considered by the council.
We currently plan to begin construction in late 2019 with the relief road opening to traffic in summer 2021.