Schedule of work
- Early 2019: Preparation for the delivery of the scheme, archaeological and environmental studies
- Spring 2019: Site preparation
- Autumn 2019: Detailed design and planning conditions completed
- Late Autumn 2019: Construction begins on King Street Lane
- Early 2020: Start utility diversion work
- Spring 2021: Open to traffic
Current project status
Work at King Street Lane was completed in December 2019. The next phase of construction began in August 2020. This includes two new roundabouts on Reading Road near the M4 bridge and construction of the new section of road parallel to the M4 from the junction with Longdon Road up to Reading Road.
Construction of this scheme is being aligned with the West of Old Forest Road and Toutley Road sections of the North Wokingham Distributor Road (NWDR) to make best use of resources and deliver efficiencies across all three projects and minimise delay and disruption to road users.
As part of its statutory duties, the council is proposing a Traffic Order in support of the Winnersh Relief Road Phase 2 scheme.
Anyone wishing to respond or comment on the Order should do so directly to the Secretary of State for Transport. Please find further information in the documents below and on our consultation page.
Any responses must be received by Friday 18 December.
Please refer to the construction phase plans and project newsletters for further details of the works and planned phases.