Schedule of work
- May 2019: Planning application approved
- Summer 2019: Detailed design complete and planning conditions discharged
- Summer 2019: Site preparation and utilities re-routing
- Summer 2020: Construction begins
- Winter 2021: Open for traffic
Current project status
Main construction works on a crucial section of the North Wokingham Distributor Road (NWDR) are set to begin from next month. Old Forest Road is planned to shut from the first week in September and re-open in Spring 2021.
The works will include:
- Upgrading the existing Emmbrook Bridge
- Building of a new flood prevention feature
- Upgrading Old Forest Road in preparation for the tie-in with the new road
Works will be carried out in two phases, to minimise as far as possible the impact on the wider road network.
- Phase 1: Old Forest Road (Spetember 2020 - Spring 2021)
- Phase 2: Toutley Road (Spring 2021 - Winter 2021)
Please refer to the construction phase plans and project newsletters for further details of the works and planned phases.
The planning application was submitted in January 2019 and approved on 8 May 2019. Details can be found on the Planning Portal under reference 190198.
Detailed design work has begun focusing on the bridge structures. Our consultants are working with Network Rail to develop designs for the rail bridge.
Construction is planned to start Summer 2020.