Schedule of work
- Summer / Autumn 2018: Data collection including archaeological and environmental studies
- Spring 2019: Complete detailed design
- Spring 2019: Site preparation and utilities re-routing
- Autumn 2019: Construction begins
- Spring 2021: Open for traffic
Current project status
Major works are now complete and the new bridge opened for traffic ahead of schedule in March 2021. A final road safety audit (RSA4) is scheduled to be undertaken in Summer 2022, once 12 months of accident data are available.
Detailed information on historic progress can be seen in the regular project newsletters in the tab below.
Watch the fly-through video
Watch the video, below, showing the route currently being constructed as part of the Arborfield Cross Relief Road and works at Barkham Bridge. This is being delivered by us as part of our £124 million Major Highways Project.