Please ensure you have the following documents ready before you apply:
- Proof of ID - please provide one of the following:
- Birth / adoption certificate (along with deed poll / marriage certificate if name has changed)
- Current passport - the identification page. If your passport is not an EU passport, a copy of the visa page is also required
- Current driving licence – the counterpart of a driving licence is no longer a valid proof of identity
- Printed prescription showing your date of birth
- Proof of address - please provide one of the following:
- Council Tax / utility bill
- Bank statement
- Driving licence
- Recent colour photograph (passport size)
- Proof of disability
If you fall under the automatic eligibility category we will need to see a copy of a current award letter.
For the discretionary eligibility categories, read the relevant guidance under 'eligibility' (above) for details of what proof we require. The form can also be used to obtain a confirmation from an independent medical professional.