What we do
The Children with Additional needs (CAN) Network is an information and support service for children and young people (up to age 25) with additional needs and their families.
The CAN Network offers a range of benefits to families including:
- Regular newsletters
- Annual free family fun and information day
- Signposting to other appropriate services
- Access to the CAN Network Co-ordinator for information and advice
Become a member
Families can join for free if they:
- Live in the Wokingham Borough
- Have a child or young person aged 0 to 25 with additional needs
Contact the CAN Network to become a member:
Children with Additional Needs Network card
Children and young people with a diagnosed condition will also be able to get a Children with Additional Needs Network (CAN) card. This gives you concessions at lots of attractions in and around Berkshire.
We'll need evidence of a diagnosis before we can issue a card.
To become a member complete:
Children with Additional Needs Network card concessions
The CAN card gives you concessions at lots of attractions in Berkshire.
You can find a list below:
- Bracknell Ski Slope and Ice Rink in Bracknell
- Bucklebury Farm Park in Reading
- Cinemas – Odeon in Bracknell
- Coral Reef Waterworld in Bracknell
- Dinton Pastures in Winnersh
- Hexagon Reading
- Look Out Discovery Centre in Bracknell
- Museum of Berkshire Aviation in Woodley
- Showcase Cinema de Lux in Winnersh
- Trilakes Animal Park in Sandhurst
- Trilakes Playworld in Sandhurst
- Wellington Country Park in Riseley
- Whoosh in Wokingham
- Wokingham Borough Council – Places Leisure (Carnival, Loddon Valley and St Crispins)
- Wokingham Borough Council – Sports Development Unit ‘All 4 Sport Activities’
These attractions have previously agreed to accept the CAN Card as proof of eligibility for concessionary rates. We recommend that you check with each attraction before you visit.
Concession amounts are not listed since this information quickly goes out of date with rising admission costs.
It's worth showing your child’s CAN Card anywhere and everywhere. It may be that they still offer a concession but the CAN Network is unaware of it. Please get in touch if you've used it somewhere that is not on the list.