A childminder can request support from the Early Years Inclusion Advisor (EYIA) service.
The service provides advice and support regarding children’s additional needs to childminders, in collaboration with parents.
- Offer the early years free entitlement and
- Care for a child who lives in the Wokingham Borough
Can contact the service for support if they have parental permission. Where appropriate the advisor may visit the childminder’s home to both observe and discuss the needs of the child.
Following the visit parents will be invited to meet with the Early Years Inclusion Advisor to:
- Receive feedback from the observation
- Get advice and support
- Discuss next steps for their child
- Do not offer the early years free entitlement, or
- Care for a child not living in the Wokingham Borough
Can request support with parental permission via the telephone consultation service.
How to request support
Childminders can request access to these services by completing the request for EYIA involvement document on the Early Years Hub website.