[Skip to content]

Register for council housing

Register for council housing

The Homelessness and Housing Needs Team will be closed on Thursday 1 July between 9.30am and 12:30pm for essential training. 

We'll have a limited phone service during this time so unless it is an emergency, please call after 12:30pm. 

Alternatively, you can email housing.needs@wokingham.gov.uk and we will respond to your email when the service reopens.

Register for housing online

You can now register for housing and update your details online using the Housing Online website.

Our online housing application is new and is a trial service. We would welcome your feedback about the process. Call Housing Needs on 0118 974 6000 or email us at Housing.Needs@wokingham.gov.uk

Housing online is a new service and performs best with the following mobile devices: Android, iPhone 8 and above, and iPad IOS 12 and above.

Apply for housing online

Who can join the Housing Needs Register?

The Housing Needs Register is open to all people who wish to live in the Wokingham Borough. People who own their own home, or apply from outside the Borough, will be given a lower priority on the Housing Needs Register than people who live in the Wokingham Borough already.

Apply for housing

Apply for housing online


You can get detailed advice from the Leasehold Advisory Service website.

Gypsy and Traveller sites

We have 2 licensed Gypsy and Traveller sites in Wokingham Borough.

Medical re-housing

Do you or someone living with you have a health problem, or has a physical, mental, learning or sensory impairment which restricts or prevents you living in your home? Are you getting older? Your housing needs could be changing. If you have answered yes to the above we may be able to help you. Contact us for advice.

Give website feedback

Back to top