Staying well and warm
Visit the NHS website to find information such as:
- Why is cold weather a problem?
- Who is most at risk?
- Be prepared
- How to keep your home warm
- Protect your health in the cold
- Look in on vulnerable neighbours and relatives
Read the Age UK top tips for keeping warm and well (PDF document) for advice about keeping warm during the winter.
Visit the Met Office website for useful information about how to survive the colder weather. Information can be found on:
- Staying safe in a storm
- Cold weather and driving – commonly asked questions
- How cold weather affects your health
- How to get your property winter ready
- Keeping your home warm in winter
- What to do in a power cut