Free Covid-19 testing for everyone
All residents can now access free, regular, rapid Covid-19 tests. These are for people with no Covid-19 symptoms.
This is important for identifying cases of Covid-19 that we would otherwise not find, as 1 in 3 people who are infected with the virus won’t have any symptoms, meaning they’ll spread it to others without realising.
Getting into the habit of regular testing will help to keep everyone safe.
If you have Covid-19 symptoms
Please book a test through the Gov.uk website if you have symptoms of Covid-19.
Lateral Flow Testing
The rapid Covid-19 test used for people with no symptoms is called a Lateral Flow Test. It delivers results within 30 to 45 minutes. Read our Lateral Flow Testing Frequently Asked Questions (PDF document) to find out more.
Getting a negative Lateral Flow Test result does not give you immunity to Covid-19.
Where to get your test
We accept walk-in appointments only at our test centres. Week commencing 29 November, the following sites are open:
Shute End Test Centre (Civic Offices, Shute End, RG40 1BN):
- Open 8.30am to 3.15pm, Monday to Saturday
Mobile testing units:
- California Ratepayers Hall, Finchampstead, open 12pm to 3.30pm, Tuesday
- Lower Earley Library, open 9.15am to 3.4pm, Wednesday
- Twyford Library, open 12pm to 3.15pm, Wednesday
- Royal British Legion (Arborfield), open 9.30am to 4.30pm, Thursday
- Woodley Town Centre, open 9.15am to 3.45pm, Thursday and Friday
- Asda Lower Earley car park, open 9.15am to 3.45pm, Friday
Please note, the above sites are closed on Bank Holidays. Mobile sites can only operate if the temperature is above 10 degrees, and locations can change at short notice.
Home testing kits
You can also access home testing kits by ordering them through the Gov.uk website, collecting them from a local pharmacy, or collecting them from one of our static or mobile test centres.